Audio By Carbonatix
Mario Gotze is not quitting Bayern Munich for Juventus, according to Bayern boss Pep Guardiola.
Gotze has been linked with a move to the Italian champions and the German international fuelled the speculation when he described Juve as “a big, big club” and admitted he likes the idea of playing outside Germany.
But Guardiola denied that a fee has been agreed and insisted that the 2014 World Cup winner will not be leaving the Allianz Arena.
"Mario's got a contract here, he's my player and he's a great player too," Guardiola said at a press conference in Shanghai.
"In my mind, he is going to be a Bayern Munich player all season. "He's a top player, but I know that it's not only the coach who decides here. It depends on the club."
It was reported on Saturday that Juventus and Bayern had agreed a £21million five-year deal for Gotze, a similar fee that Bayern are set to pay Juventus for Arturo Vidal. Speculation grew after Gotze praised Juventus and said that he would like to play outside Germany.
“I think that Juventus reached the Champions League final not by chance, but because they had a great season last year,” Gotze told Goal.
“They managed to win titles in the last year and they are a big, big club. At the moment, I don't want to comment because there's nothing to say ... at the moment.
“I think that playing abroad might be a good experience for me: new languages, new cultures. I might like it. “But, as I said, I'm just at the early stage of my career. Let's see what the future brings."
-
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to announce World Cup squad on June 1 – Kurt Okraku
13 minutes -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
2 hours -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
2 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
3 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
3 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
4 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
4 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
5 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
5 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
5 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
7 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
8 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
8 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
8 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
9 hours