Ghana's leading oral care brand, Pepsodent, partnered with SOS Children Village to make the 2019 Founder’s Day a memorable one for the entire student body and the teachers as well.
The 2019 Founder’s Day, held on the 21st June, saw 600 children, gathering at the school's Azuma Hall for a day of special activities.
As part of the celebration, Pepsodent organized a free dental screening exercise and gave the children the opportunity to experience the groundbreaking virtual reality experience of oral health. Children were also coached by professionals who showed them the correct way to brush their teeth.
Pepsodent is a popular Unilever brand loved by many Ghanaians.
Pepsodent has championed the cause of educating individuals, both young and old, to brush twice daily, as well as enlightening them on the benefits of practicing good oral hygiene.
Since 2014, Pepsodent has reached 5 million school children with the ‘Brush Day and Night’ campaign all over the country.
In an interview with the Oral care Category Manager at Unilever Ghana, Joel Boateng, he mentioned that good oral hygiene is an essential element of general wellbeing, thus, it is a privilege for Pepsodent to go a step further and be more than just a product, by championing the brush twice daily which is a good way to impact lives and imbibe good health practices in the lifestyle of all Ghanaians and the world at large.
The assistant head of school, Mrs. Evangelina Awo, expressed her gratitude to Pepsodent, for taking part in their Founder’s Day celebration, especially because, oral health education is a big part of their school programs.
She also encouraged parents to brush day and night and teach their children to do the same, because their oral health contributes to academic excellence.
Pepsodent will continue the brush day and night campaign and plans to reach 10 million Ghanaians by 2023.
For more information on Pepsodent's social mission activities, visit www.Pepsodent.com/gh
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Morocco King congratulates national team for historic qualification to World Cup quarterfinals
- Indonesia’s new sex laws and what they could mean for tourism
- Akufo-Addo commissions road bridge at Afienya
- e-Crime Bureau awarded for a decade of impact in cyber security
- People envy my wealth – Nigerian presidential hopeful Tinubu
- Felicia Osei: Why Ebo Whyte’s latest play, “Husband Material” is a must watch
- Tinubu criticised after facing questions in London
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery