The presidency has appointed COP Dr George Akuffo Dampare as Ag. Inspector General of Police (IGP). His appointment takes effect from August 1.
He takes over from James Oppong-Boanuh, who was appointed as police boss by President Akufo-Addo in October 2019.
The new appointment comes after Mr Oppong-Boanuh was directed by the Director of Communication at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin to embark on terminal leave with effect from August 1, pending his retirement from the Ghana Police Service on October 7.
Joy News’ Evans Mensah tonight hosted the following guests; Director of Faculty of Academic Research at KAIPTC, Prof Kwesi Aning, Vice Chairperson of Defence and Interior Committee of Parliament, Ophelia Mensah Hayford, Security Analyst and Chief Executive of Security Warehouse, Adam Bonaa as they delve into today’s topic for discussion at 9.00pm.
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Fishermen in Elmina reject food items from Fisheries Minister
- High Court restores Senyo Hosi’s ¢8m defamation case against Kennedy Agyapong
- Assin North ruling: Our victory cannot be stolen in the face of travesty of justice – Gyaakye Quayson
- University of Ghana staff market shuts down until further notice
- Nigerian socialite, Hushpuppi faces 20 years in jail over fraud allegations
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- We are ready to organise fresh election in Assin North – EC
- BOST disagrees with court ruling on payment of ¢10m judgement debt
- Playback: Finance Minister presents Mid-Year budget review to Parliament
Today’s frontpages: Friday, July 30, 2021
Grammy is the dream, I am working towards it – Mona 4Real
Committee to probe immigration officers cited in exposé demanding money for entry at borders
Kokomlemle residents call for underground power transmission cables
Precious Baidoo: MOMO with ID – An inclusion mechanism or exclusion starter pack?
Tax Exemptions bill to be taken to Parliament by end of 2021 – Deputy Finance Minister
Ken Ofori-Atta didn’t ask for more money but will end up spending more – Ato Forson
Amnesty Ghana urges government to protect prisoners, citizens’ rights
Government make strides in road construction
Government must consult academia, industry in order to win ‘galamsey’ fight – Researcher
‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
Avoid EU’s past mistakes – Flood Resilience expert warns Africa
Government declares August 4, public holiday to mark Founders Day
Covid-19: Northern Region records 11 new active cases