Earlier this week, the Ghana Bar Association launched two Funds to aid justice delivery.
The Legal Aid Fund, was set up to strengthen the financial capacity of the Legal Aid Commission (LAC) to discharge its duties effectively.
While, the Law Reform Fund, will help the Law Reform Commission (LRC) undertake development projects and regular law reforms, will each have GH¢1 million seed money.
In view of this, on Today’s edition of The Law, Samson Lardy Anyenini spoke to the Ghana Bar Association.
Yaw Boafo threw more light on the measures that are being executed to make legal representation accessible to all and sundry.
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Exhibit customer-centric services in your daily operations – British Council to organisations
- Government consciously shielding main culprit in Bulgarian Embassy demolition – Ablakwa
- ‘I’m fed up’ – aspiring NDC chairman backs calls to oust incumbent Ofosu Ampofo, Asiedu Nketia
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- #BigBrotherNaija records over 19m tweets by fans￼
- Uganda president apologises for son’s tweets on invading Kenya
- Illegal mining very endemic in Bosome Freho district – Lands Ministry
- US to begin screening travellers coming from Uganda for Ebola
- British officials released date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Anny Osabutey: Ghana, a land of ‘beautyful’ nonsense!
- Kenyan socialite removes butt implants after life-threatening health scare
- Power Energy Ghana Exhibition slated for November 14, 2022
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- Samsung warns of 32% hit to profits on chip slump