The police administration has hinted it will make full disclosure of its report on the 2015 police recruitment scandal.
The report which will determine whether or not former Director General of Police Human Resources and Administration, COP Timbillah, played a role in the scandal is expected to be released before the end of the year.
A major recruitment scam which hit the police administration in 2015 resulted in the interdiction of COP Patrick Timbillah who was accused of being neck deep in the scam.
He was placed under house arrest and his account was frozen pending conclusion of investigations.
The scandal was pervasive. Former Interior Minister, Mark Woyongo, told Kojo Yankson, host of Joy FM’s Super Morning Show (SMS) on March 9, 2015, that he got wind of the scandal following calls from his constituents.
Later the police administration announced in March 2015 that at least a total of 14 people had been arrested in connection with the fraudulent police recruitment exercise.
Inspector General of Police (IGP), John Kudalor, earlier promised to release the report in February 2016, but says the administration could not do so due to some challenges.
“Yes we [current leadership] have inherited the issue and we are working on it. I assure the people of this Republic that the report will be released as soon as possible,” he told Joynews’ Favour Nunoo.
He promised no one would be shielded in the police administration if that person is found culpable of aiding in duping several Ghanaians of thousands of cedis.
“We will put the findings at the disposal of the citizens,” he added.