Hundreds of youth of Awutu Senya West in the Central Region have mounted a defence for their Member of Parliament, George Andah.
The move follows the fall-outs of research carried out by researchers of the University of Ghana on Parliament that scored the MP and Deputy Communications Minister, George Andah, low marks.
Immediately after the research report, a group at Awutu called Patriots of Awutu issued a release calling on the MP to resign because he had brought disgrace to the constituency by performing poorly in the research.
However, another youth group, Concerned Youth of Awutu Senya, in a press release, signed by its President, Ellis Onomah Botchwey, explained that the research might not have been accurately done.
The release explained that their MP has demonstrated his dedication and commitment to the constituency through Infrastructural and human capacity development.
The group is, therefore, calling on the constituents and the nation to disregard the call by the Patriots of Awutu calling on the MP to resign.
“We, therefore, urge the General Public to ignore such publications meant to undermine the hard work of Honorable Nenyi George Andah and his Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo,” the group stated.
The group further intimates that it will be a mistake for the electorates of Awutu Senya West Constituency to forgo the award-winning and most influential Member of Parliament (2018) because of the research.
“He is our pride, we cherish them, we adore them, our greatest assets, hence our unflinching support for their 2020 Bid for a Second Term,” the group states.
Concerned Youth of Awutu Senya has listed some major achievements of NPP Administration with Nenyi George Andah as Member of Parliament and Stephen Kwame Quaye as the District Chief Executive for Awutu Senya West.
The list, published below, according to the group, supports their defence for their MP.
- Upgrade of the Bawjiase Health Center to Polyclinic.
- Renovation of Bawjiase health centre maternity ward.
- Posting of permanent resident doctor to the Bawjiase Health Center.
- Supply of hospital beds in partnership with Oma Senya to Senya Health Center.
- Organization of Free Medical Outreaches in Awutu, Bawjiase, Bontrase and Senya Beraku and Papase.
- Provision of Anti Snake Serum to all health centres.
- Mass Child Immunization carried out in the entire Awutu Senya District.
- NHIS Electronic renewal set-up.
- Establishment of MP's Scholarship Scheme that provides Financial Assistance to Tertiary Students. Renovation of Ofadaa Methodist Basic School
- Establishment of Ultra-Modern Nursery Block at Awutu - Beraku.
- Organization of Free Vacation Classes for Prospective BECE Candidates.
- Organization of Boys Clinic, Setting up of Computer Laboratory with an Internet Facility at Senya Senior High School (Completed).
- Refurbishment of ICT laboratory for Senya Senior High school, Provision of ultra-modern furniture for ICT laboratory for Senya Senior High School.
- Facilitating with the Registration of Bontrase Unregistered School into Technical Vocational Training.
- Setting up of Community ICT Centre, Music Studio and E-Library at Senya – Beraku (85% complete)
WATER AND SANITATION
- Drilling of Boreholes for the people of Doduokwaa, Papase.
- The building of Modern Toilet Facilities in the following communities are nearly in completion, Bawjiase Opembo, Bawjiase Zongo, Awutu Mankessim, Awutu-Beraku, Senya-Beraku, Oklu Nkwanta, Adawukwa, Ofaso, Obrachire, Bontrase, Ahentia.
- Drilling of a borehole for the following communities (ongoing) Okwabena, Topiase, Fianko, Dankwa, Nyarkokwaa.
- Reshaping of Bontrase-Ayiresu road, Reshaping of Ofaso road, Reshaping of Bewuanum junction to Akuffu Krodua road, Reshaping of Bontrase Osae Krodua road, Reshaping of Bawjiase- Okwampa road, Reshaping of Bawjiase -Amontron road, Reshaping of Okwampa -Aponkye Akura road, Reshaping of Bawjiase- Obrachire road.
ONE DISTRICT ONE FACTORY
- Block Moulding Factory in Awutu.
- The Deputy Minister for Trade and industry is set to meet Stakeholders in regard to the revival of Ayensu Starch Company.
- Hon. Nenyi George Andah has supported Traders, Fishmongers and Artisans numbering about 300 with Soft Loans to expand their Business. The MP has taken it upon himself to pay 3% each from the original 5% interest Requirements by Innovative Microfinance making for every Beneficiary to pay 2%.
SOCIAL AND RELIGION
- Supported in the Construction of District Moslem Council Office.
- Supported the Construction of Community Center at Kwame Wettey with 50 Bags of Cement.
- Donation of 100 bags of cement towards the Construction of Roman Catholic Church at Bawjiase.
- Renovation of Medical Doctor's Bungalow at Bawjiase.
- Facilitated in Erecting of Network pole (Mask) at Nyarkokwa Electoral Area.
- Facilitated with the acquisition Passport in the District by getting a Passport office in District.
- Setting up of Community ICT Centre, Music Studio and E-Library at Senya – Beraku (85% completed)
- Increasing of schools on the School Feeding Programs, from Six (6) to Fifty (59), within 3 years.
- Over 200 Streetlights have been supplied and fixed within the communities in the District.
- Secured 27 Permanent Jobs for Graduates in the Constituency.
- About 120 cooks have been employed under the School Feeding program.
- 50 Young men and Women got recruited into the Ghana Forestry Commission.
- 2 were recruited into Ghana Armed Forces.
- 50 Young men and Women got recruited into the Community Protection Police under the Youth Employment Agency Module.
- 50 Young men and Women got recruited into Ghana COCOBOD as Cocoa Pollinators.
- 5 Young Men and Women got recruited as Youth in Sports under the Youth Employment Agency Module.
- 50 Young Men and Women got recruited as Youth in Sanitation under the Youth Employment Agency Module.
- 10 young Men have been recruited into the 1D1F Block factory.
- 2 were recruited as Drivers in the Awutu Senya District Assembly.
- 2 were recruited as Cleaners in the Awutu District Assembly.
- 1 has been recruited as the District Youth Employment Director with 2 Monitoring and Evaluation Officers under the Youth Employment Agency.
- 1 has been recruited as the District NADMO Director with a Deputy as in charge of Operations.
- 1 has been recruited as the District NABCO Director with 2 Research Officers and 350 graduates were recruited into the Nation Builders Corp; NABCO as Trainees.