Ghanaian YouTuber Wode Maya and his long time Kenyan girlfriend Gertrude Awino Juma, also known as Miss Trudy, are married.
The lovebirds, both Youtubers, who have been together for almost four years tied the knot on Saturday, September 10, 2022 in a simple wedding at Trudy’s rural home in Western Kenya.
The private wedding was attended by Trudy’s family and relatives.
Wode Maya flew into Kenya with six people from Ghana, among them his uncle and pastor, who officiated their union.
The Ghanaian YouTuber, with over 1 million subscribers, paid dowry for Trudy, and in a video posted on his YouTube page, Maya made his way to his in-law’s homestead holding a goat and a cow, accompanied by his family.
The vocal YouTuber said his father-in-law didn’t ask for a lot. Trudy got married on the day she lost her mother 10 years ago.
Trudy’s dad got emotional and sobbed unconsolably after his daughter officially married the lover of her life.
“My dad was so emotional. I have never seen my dad like that. It was like he was heartbroken… he made me cry. It was an emotional moment because he is my only parent,” Trudy said. Speaking about their wedding, the lovebirds revealed they spent GH¢8,516.60 (KSh 100,000) on their ceremony.
“God sent people our way to make this happen and we are so grateful,” the Kenyan YouTuber said.
“My ring is so expensive. I’m scared of walking with it in the streets of Nairobi,” Trudy said.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- ‘Council of State is receiving more money than the Food and Agric Ministry’ – Joe Jackson
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Juniors Wheelchair Tennis Training Camp comes off in Cape Coast
- Kolo Touré: Championship side Wigan Athletic appoint Ivory Coast great as manager
- Every Ghanaian owes over ¢15k with the current debt stock
- 98% of medical devices, disposables and equipment are imported – manufacturers & suppliers call for action
- Kantamanto fire: We are providing additional support – Police
- China Covid: Chinese TV censors shots of maskless World Cup fans
- Cities and Habitats (Rent-to-own) honoured at 14th Ghana Property Awards
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- EU commits €1m to strengthen operational capacity of Ghana Immigration Service
- Will Smith says bottled rage led him to slap Chris Rock at the Oscars
- Vodafone Business urges rural banks to leverage technology for business growth
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- Bright Simons: Ghana’s golden gambit on Oil
- Scaling up play-based learning in Ghana, from decision to implementation and sustainability
- Entire board of Serie A club Juventus announces resignation