A Facebook user, Gordon Mensah, has been found impersonating the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs) of the University of Ghana, Professor Gordon Awandare on the social media platform.
According to the Public Affairs Directorate of the University, the said Gordon Mensah has been posting pictures of Prof. Awandare and pretending to be him.
“The University of Ghana would like to clarify that Professor Gordon Awandare has no connection whatsoever to this individual and we strongly advise against engaging with him or providing him with any personal information,” it cautioned.
It added that Prof. Awandare has never owned a Facebook account, thus any other account passing off as his is a fake.
“The University of Ghana takes matters of online impersonation very seriously, and we are taking all necessary steps to address this issue. We have reported the impersonator to the relevant social media platforms, and we are working with the appropriate authorities to ensure that this matter is resolved as quickly as possible,” it said.
It further warned social media users to “exercise caution and to be vigilant when engaging with individuals online, particularly those who claim associations with University of Ghana officials.”
Any concerns or questions should be directed to the Public Affairs directorate via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at +233201219956
- Vodafone Foundation’s STEM and robotics training elevates young girls in the Western Region
- CIMG Customer Satisfaction Index: Only 5 banks scored above threshold of 98%
- Rumours of jostling for new NDC veep are needless distractions – Prof. Opoku-Agyeman
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- CWG Ghana launches 20th anniversary celebrations
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics