Audio By Carbonatix
Carlo Ancelotti said his bond with Real Madrid "is eternal" as he prepares to leave the Spanish club this weekend and become the head coach of Brazil.
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) announced earlier this month that Ancelotti has agreed to take charge of the national side from 26 May.
Rubber-stamping that news, Real have confirmed Ancelotti's tenure at the Santiago Bernabeu will end following Saturday's home meeting with Real Sociedad.
"Our club wishes to express its gratitude and affection to one of the greatest legends of Real Madrid and world football," Real Madrid said in a statement.
Club president Florentino Perez added: "We feel incredibly honoured to have had the chance to enjoy a coach who has helped us achieve so much success, but who has also embodied our club's values in such exemplary fashion."
Ancelotti has won 15 trophies across two spells as Real manager, including the Champions League and La Liga titles last season.
His first stint ran from 2013 to 2015, and his second began in 2021 when he was tempted away from Everton.
The 65-year-old's deal with Real was due to expire in June 2026, but his departure has been brought forward and he will begin his new job on Monday.
"I carry with me in my heart every moment of this wonderful second stint as Real Madrid manager," Ancelotti posted on X.
"They have been unforgettable years, an incredible journey filled with emotions, titles, and, above all, the pride of representing this club.
"What we've achieved together will forever remain in the memory of Real Madrid fans, not only for the triumphs, but for the way we achieved them. The magical nights at the Bernabeu are now part of football history.
"Now a new adventure begins, but my bond with Real Madrid is eternal."
Xabi Alonso, who played for Real Madrid, Liverpool and Spain, is poised to replace Ancelotti.
Alonso, 43, has confirmed he will be leaving Bayer Leverkusen, and Real want him in place before the start of next month's Fifa Club World Cup.
"I wish him all the luck in the world, because he is a coach who has the characteristics to coach this club, this team - enjoy it," said Ancelotti.
Brazil turned to Ancelotti to replace Dorival Junior who was sacked in March following a 4-1 defeat to Argentina in World Cup qualifying.
The Selecao are fourth in the South American group, having lost five of 14 games, but they are still well placed to qualify for the 2026 finals.
Ancelotti's first games in charge of Brazil will be World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Ecuador in June.
Latest Stories
-
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
13 minutes -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
14 minutes -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
14 minutes -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
14 minutes -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
18 minutes -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
31 minutes -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
34 minutes -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
48 minutes -
Swimming stakeholders call for legitimate governance and constitutional elections in Ghana Swimming
1 hour -
Akatsi Police seize suspected cannabis consignment, driver escapes
1 hour -
EU investment in Ghana reaches $16bn – GIPC’s Boss
2 hours -
GPSCP II and TCDA partner to boost regulation and investment in tree crops sector
2 hours -
Ghana, Ethiopia business ties ripe for expansion – GIPC
2 hours -
Ghana-Russia Center signs landmark cooperation agreements at KazanForum 2026
2 hours -
Sankofa Gold Mine, Guangzhou Hozdo partnership signals revival push as Ghana’s Western mining sector heats up
2 hours