Audio By Carbonatix
The Beverly Hills home of pop superstar Rihanna has been hit by gunfire, police say.
Officers from the Los Angeles Police Department responded to reports of gunfire at 13:15 local time (21:15 GMT) on Sunday. A suspect was located and taken into custody.
A police official told the BBC's US partner, CBS News, that the home targeted belonged to Rihanna and that assault rifle casings were found at the scene.
No one was injured in the incident. Rihanna was in the mansion at the time, a law enforcement source told the Los Angeles Times.
Police say the suspect, a woman in her 30s, stopped in a car outside the home and fired seven shots before speeding away.
Her vehicle was located about eight miles (12km) away from the singer's home, where the woman was taken into custody. She has not yet been publicly identified.
Last September, the star gave birth to her third child, a girl, with partner A$AP Rocky.

The couple, who also share two sons Riot and RZA, announced Rihanna's latest pregnancy at last year's Met Gala.
The couple's baby news was not the first time they made headlines in 2025. In February, A$AP Rocky was found not guilty of firing a gun at a former friend, in a trial that saw Rihanna bring her two sons to court.
The Barbados-born celebrity, whose real name is Robyn Fenty, shot to prominence in the early 2000s with hits like Pon de Replay and Umbrella. She recently celebrated 20 years since the release of her first album.
During that time, Rihanna has launched multiple businesses, including her popular makeup range Fenty Beauty and a lingerie company. The 37-year-old's net worth has been estimated by Forbes at over $1 billion.
The BBC has contacted Rihanna's representatives for comment.
Latest Stories
-
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
19 seconds -
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
17 minutes -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
21 minutes -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
23 minutes -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
27 minutes -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
34 minutes -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
34 minutes -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
40 minutes -
Mahama launches $300m World Bank-funded secondary school improvement programme
53 minutes -
Nato chief welcomes US sending 5,000 troops to Poland
55 minutes -
NIA pushes mandatory biometric verification as digital identity reforms expand
1 hour -
Dress properly for visa interviews; it can influence approval – Ghana’s Ambassador to US urges
1 hour -
Mahama unveils plans for second phase of ‘Big Push’ road programme for 2027
1 hour -
President Mahama assures Savannah Region of imminent electrification works
1 hour -
National Service Authority open to strategic partnerships – Ruth Dela Seddoh
1 hour