Music icon Rocky Dawuni will make an appearance at the 64th Grammy Awards happening in Las Vegas this weekend.
Taking to his social media pages, the Reggae star noted he was thankful to be representing Ghana at the coveted awards ceremony.
This was after he attended the Grammy Nominees party held in Las Vegas on March 28.
The Ghanaian Reggae artiste bagged his second Grammy nomination with his album Voice of Bunbon Vol. 1 and is in contention for the Best Global Music Album, with opposition from Daniel Ho & Friends, Angelique Kidjo, Femi Kuti, and Wizkid.
The event takes place on Sunday, April 3, at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena.
Prior to attending the nominees’ party, Rocky Dawuni was involved in a United Nations Outreach Programme that sought to highlight the history of the transatlantic slave trade and its ongoing legacy of racism.
All seem to be set, and a win for Rocky Dawuni at this year’s Grammys will go down in history as the first for himself and for Ghana.
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of abuse on private plane
- Use your political persuasions as platforms to act as change agents – Prof Sraku-Lartey to youth
- ECG prepaid vending system 99% restored in Volta Region
- Ukraine war: Russia warns US of direct military clash risk
- Help take partisanship out of galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo to National House of Chiefs
- Green Edition of ‘Rhythms on Da Runway 2022’ launched
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to get broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- Africa needs a plan to win World Cup – Asamoah Gyan
- Playback: Akufo-Addo meets House of Chiefs and MMDCEs over galamsey in Kumasi
- Driving Schools Association to publish list of approved institutions
- Sex for grades is corruption – Buhari
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Ghana wins ICAO Council Seat
- Debt restructuring conundrum and finding the right elucidation