Audio By Carbonatix
Alhaji Gilbert Seidu Iddi, the Chief Executive Officer of the Savannah Accelerated Development Authority (SADA), has said 175 new tractors had been procured by the Authority and would be available for agricultural productivity in the coming farming season.
He said 100 of the tractors had already been assembled by the Jubilee Tractors and will soon be made available to farmers thus bringing the total tractor pool of SADA to 275.
Alhaji Iddi said the tractors, though not enough, were meant to triple food production particularly rice, soya beans and maize to contribute significantly to the food security needs of the country.
He said this at Atebubu on Monday during a tour by the Parliamentary Select Committee on Employment, Social Welfare and State Enterprises.
The Committee after touring some farms and interacting with farmers lauded the SADA initiative and urged all farmers to embrace it.
Alhaji Iddi said “pannar 53” a maize variety that was introduced to the farmers of the SADA ecological zone had increased their crop yield to the extent that if measures were not instituted there might be a glut.
Mr. Prince Jacob Hayibor, Chairman of the Committee, appealed to the farmers and the youth to take advantage of the SADA projects and go into farming. Mr. Napare Emmanuel, a teacher who took advantage of the ‘pannar 53’ and planted it on a four acre land was full of smiles since his yield was likely to shoot up far beyond expectation.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Anum Presby survive tense battle to deny St. Charles Minor Sem. one-eighth spot
26 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Heartbreak for OLA SHS as Aburi Presby SHTS deny them one-eighth spot
35 minutes -
Laptop catches fire on US flight, with passenger treated at airport
40 minutes -
Tano North chiefs tackle police over ‘routine release’ of arrested illegal miners
55 minutes -
Accra-Kumasi Expressway almost complete – Roads Minister
58 minutes -
ECG announces temporary power outages in parts of Tema and Ashanti Regions
1 hour -
Somalia child hunger crisis deepens after aid cuts, UNICEF says
1 hour -
Media urged to help shape Constituency Games implementation
2 hours -
Accra’s only public horse racing course destroyed at Borteyman
2 hours -
Dozens of people abducted in attacks on villages in Nigeria, police say
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Mfantsiman Girls’ bounce back from 2025 prelims exit to book one-eighth spot
2 hours -
Africa’s $9 trillion lithium bonanza: Can Africa turn its mineral wealth into a global economic powerhouse?
2 hours -
16,000 shea seedlings planted at Pavuu in Upper West region to restore degraded landscapes
2 hours -
Fourteen killed in strike on Myanmar monastery
2 hours -
Two-time world champion Tete shot dead outside home
2 hours