This Saturday, Newsfiles discusses the most topical occurrences of the week. One of them is the illegal mining canker the state appears to be succumbing to.
The fight against illegal mining which has come to be known as ‘galamsey’ continues to turn into new dimensions each time the topic is mentioned.
Remember in 2017, President Akufo-Addo said he would put his presidency on the line whilst pledging to fight the canker, however, the menace still lives.
Recently, the report by the erstwhile chairman of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining, Prof Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng named some top government officials as being engaged in the canker adding that the rot goes as high as the government seat, Jubilee House.
Now it leaves the question of; is the failed ‘galamsey’ fight, a case of regulatory failure?
Also, the show will discuss Ghana’s poor in the latest Press Freedom Index and whether is it time to repeal false news laws and final touch on the infamous national cathedral and all the mess surrounding it.
To properly understand the issues, make a date with the host of your most authoritative news analysis, Samson Lardy Anyenini, and his erudite panelists as they delve into these issues.
Newsfile will be aired live on the JoyNews channel on digital satellite channels 421 on DSTV and 144 on GoTV.
It can also be streamed on JoyNews’ Facebook or YouTube channels from 9 am to noon.
Viewers can also follow this discussion by tuning in to Joy 99.7 FM or Luv 99.5 FM on the radio or stream the discussion live on either Google or Apple Podcasts.
Newsfile, Your most authoritative news analysis programme.
- Russian man imprisoned 22 years ago escapes on the day of his release
- 8 people describe the exact moment they knew they found someone worth the risk
- Bankye ampesi reduces risk of colon cancer
- Stop romanticizing the past so you can enjoy your life
- Woman who held 16 jobs simultaneously for three years never actually did any work
- The 5 potential stages of a breakup, according to relationship experts
- Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu mourns late former MP for Bantama
- What is love bombing and how is it different from falling in love?
- Are You Dealing With a Narcissist or Just a Selfish Jerk?
- Man gored to death by bull at Spanish festival
- Asenso-Boakye mourns former Bantama MP
- Central African Republic’s exiled former president sentenced to life in prison
- Let’s strengthen literacy, numeracy skills in formative years of children – Librarian
- GWCL announces interruption in water supply from Kpong Treatment Plant
- Gunmen abduct female students in north-west Nigeria