Hervé Renard has left his role as coach of Saudi Arabia’s national team amid reports he is set to take over France’s women’s national team.
Yesterday, the Saudi FA said it had agreed to terminate Renard’s contract, ending a four-year spell in charge. His tenure was highlighted by a win over eventual champion Argentina in the group stage of the World Cup in Qatar last year.
The 54-year-old former Black Stars physical trainer, did not announce his future plans but he thanked the Saudi people and said he was “very proud to have been able to show to the world the progress and a good image of Saudi football.”
“It’s time for me to fly to an other horizon but with (these) memories engraved in me,” Renard wrote on Twitter.
In a video message posted on the Saudi team’s Twitter page, Renard reflected on the win over Argentina by saying: “I think it will stay forever in the memory of the Saudi people.”
“This experience was amazing, with a lot of support,” he added.
Reports in France have said Renard is in line to coach the French women’s team at this year’s World Cup, which kicks off in July in Australia and New Zealand.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Chairman Wontumi: “We’ve ‘conglomerated’ here for… commencement of Suame Interchange, not cutting sod”
- FIFA U20 World Cup: Three African teams qualify to Round of 16, Senegal lose out
- King Charles III looks forward to a stronger UK and Nigeria friendship as Tinubu takes office
- Bond market: Trading volume declines 27.6%; market activity vibrant
- AO Holdings and Microsoft to empower Ghanaian NPOs with innovative solutions
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Let’s keep the bond between Muslims and the Manhyia Palace – Otumfuo
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Deputy Foreign Minister pays tribute to UN Peacekeepers
- MTN named number 1 African brand doing good for people and planet
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Ghana confronts major challenges in energy sector, proposes reforms in IMF Programme
- Ghana Immigration Service promotes 4 officers involved in Bawku rescue mission
- Philadelphia Eagles support Imhotep to launch stem water project in Ghana
- Ghana expected to reach moderate risk of debt distress by 2028 – IMF