Audio By Carbonatix
Hervé Renard has left his role as coach of Saudi Arabia’s national team amid reports he is set to take over France’s women’s national team.
Yesterday, the Saudi FA said it had agreed to terminate Renard’s contract, ending a four-year spell in charge. His tenure was highlighted by a win over eventual champion Argentina in the group stage of the World Cup in Qatar last year.
The 54-year-old former Black Stars physical trainer, did not announce his future plans but he thanked the Saudi people and said he was “very proud to have been able to show to the world the progress and a good image of Saudi football.”
“It’s time for me to fly to an other horizon but with (these) memories engraved in me,” Renard wrote on Twitter.
In a video message posted on the Saudi team’s Twitter page, Renard reflected on the win over Argentina by saying: “I think it will stay forever in the memory of the Saudi people.”
“This experience was amazing, with a lot of support,” he added.
Reports in France have said Renard is in line to coach the French women’s team at this year’s World Cup, which kicks off in July in Australia and New Zealand.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
5 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
5 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
5 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
5 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
5 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
5 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
5 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
6 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
6 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
6 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
6 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
7 hours