Audio By Carbonatix
A 22-year-old serial rapist, Kwaku Mensah aka ‘B Kwaku,’ who became a terror to women in four farming communities near Obuasi in the Ashanti Region, has been handed another jail term by an Obuasi Circuit Court.
The convicted sex offender was sentenced to 15 years’ imprisonment for the March 30, 2011 rape of a pregnant woman resident at Binsere, one of the farming communities.
He sexually assaulted Akosua Iddrisu, who was on the way to her boyfriend’s house at Dokyiwa, the court presided over by Gilbert Ayisi Addo was told.
B. Kwaku had earlier been sentenced to 10 years’ imprisonment for a sexually-motivated attack on a 42-year-old Yaa Anane from Apitikooko who resisted his attempts to rape her.
The suspect was said to have pounced on several women in the area, pulled a knife on them and forcefully dragged them into the bush to rape them.
He was said to have raped some of his victims on more than one occasion and he operated mainly in and around Apitiso, Dokyiwa, Binsere and Apitikooko, all farming communities near Obuasi.
Inspector Albert Anani, the prosecutor, narrated to the court that Akosua was on her way to her boyfriend’s house at Dokyiwa, a nearby village, when B. Kwaku emerged from the bush around 10 pm on March 30 this year.
The convict held Akosua Iddrisu and dragged her into the bush where he raped her.
He also took away the victim’s LG mobile phone valued at GH¢40 and a torchlight.
In his maiden appearance in court, the convict pretended to be insane but he was later exposed by psychiatrists who affirmed that he was in the best frame of mind.
Wild jubilation swept through towns and villages in the Obuasi municipality when news broke that the 22-year-old serial rapist had been jailed in the first case.
Hundreds of women from the four communities who thronged the courtroom, expressed their satisfaction at the outcome of the case, believing that this would serve as deterrent to potential rapists in the area
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
AMA Mayor apologises to alleged extortion victim, orders refund
16 seconds -
Akwatia MP defends GoldBod, says IMF report didn’t blame it for losses
3 minutes -
Building community after a merger: What UniMAC’s concord initiative can teach higher education
3 minutes -
UN security official meets GoldBod CEO Sammy Gyamfi
8 minutes -
Two detained after French influencer’s scorched body found in vineyard
9 minutes -
ORAL has been reduced to a tool for political convenience – Kwesi Botchway Jnr
10 minutes -
6 in 10 businesses fail to properly account for VAT – GRA
11 minutes -
US retail giant receives $1bn boost from tariff refunds
19 minutes -
Angélique Kidjo makes history for Africa with star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
19 minutes -
Know when to wait, verify and publish – GJA President tells journalist
35 minutes -
“If you think I’m a nobody, so be it” – Presidential aide responds after Disability Graduates reject petition handover
1 hour -
Rotary Club of Accra Ridge gets new president, vows to create lasting impact
1 hour -
GJA@77: Free press necessity for nation-building, not luxury – UNESCO Representative
1 hour -
‘No disrespect to Dr Ayeh but we demand engagement with senior government official’ – Graduates with disabilities
1 hour -
We can’t defend journalism’s credibility if journalists don’t uphold professional standards – GJA
1 hour