A sexual assault claim which had been filed by an unnamed woman against US rapper Snoop Dogg has been withdrawn.
The woman, identified in the lawsuit as Jane Doe, had accused the US rapper of sexually assaulting her after attending one of his concerts in 2013.
Snoop Dogg’s representatives said the allegations were false and welcomed the voluntary dismissal.
The claim was pulled earlier this week, nearly two months after it was filed in the Central District of California.
It had originally been filed days before Snoop Dogg performed at the Super Bowl half-time show.
The voluntary dismissal also removed charges against all other parties named in the case, including the rapper’s business associate.
The woman was described as a dancer, model, host and actress who had worked with Snoop Dogg. But the star said she had never worked for him.
“It is not surprising that the plaintiff dismissed her complaint against the defendants,” a representative for Snoop Dogg said in a statement to the Reuters news agency on Thursday.
“Her complaint was full of false allegations and deficiencies.”
Matt Finkelberg, a lawyer for Jane Doe, has not yet publicly commented on why the case was dropped. BBC News has contacted him.
The unnamed woman had originally claimed she had been left “panicked and terrified” during the alleged incident, which she claimed had occurred in a bathroom at a TV studio.
She claimed Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, had burst in on her when she was feeling unwell, and forced her to perform oral sex and masturbated in-front of her.
She added that she had “felt pressured” by the star due to his dominance and his position of power.
Snoop Dogg previously described the claims as “meritless” and he had not had “any sexual encounter” with her.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- Residents of Agbeve unhappy with dredging activities on Volta River by foreign vessel
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s Debt exchange programme
- Jospong Group begins 2022 service of thanksgiving
- Success of Free SHS policy should be measured by the end results – GES
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Good Roll launches bamboo T-roll in Ghana
- YEA increases CPA allowance by 40%, set to recruit 35,700 personnel in 2023
- Godigbe Za celebrated with rich culture
- I lost vision in one eye due to medical negligence – Victim recounts
- Joy FM’s ‘Health & Wellness Series’ returns on December 12
- Government invites eligible bondholders to exchange ¢137.3bn of domestic bonds, others
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Never sign a part-time coach – Ben Ephson tells GFA
- Preventing nomadic herdsmen from entering Ejura will negatively affect farmers – Fulani leaders
- 14-year-old tumor patient treated at Hope Xchange Hospital
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges