Versatile musician Sista Afia has made the shortlist for the Top 100 African musician unveiled by Pan-African Entertainment Channel, Watsup TV.
The “Weather” hitmaker was surprisingly the only female artiste from Ghana to be named among the tall list of successful musicians on the African continent.
Sista Afia has over the past few years risen to become the new face of Ghana’s music industry demonstrating her ruthless singing and rapping abilities and has received praise for bringing a new energy into Ghana’s music industry.
Other female artistes who made the shortlist across the continent include: Charlotte Dipanda (Cameroon), Latifa (Tunisia), Tiwa Savage (Nigeria), Teni (Nigeria), Yemi Alade (Nigeria), Salma Rachid (Morocco), among others.
On the other hand, only 9 Ghanaian male artistes were able to make the shortlist and they include Kidi, Kuami Eugene, Medikal, King Promise, Kwesi Arthur, Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale, R2Bees and Sarkodie.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Parliament pays GH¢8.5m out of GH¢13m owed ECG to avoid disconnection
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- US urges Xi to press Putin over ‘war crimes’ in Ukraine
- AFCON 2023Q: Kingsley Schindler handed late invite as Lamptey withdraws with injury
- Ambulance case: State abusing its prosecutorial powers – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Livestream: Graphic Business/Stanbic Bank Breakfast meeting
- Namibia braces for protests on Independence Day
- Ambulance case: Our client didn’t authorise LCs – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- Don’t be deterred by criticisms – Akufo-Addo urges EC
- UPSA names new hostel after national icon Nii Amon Kotei
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- T-bills auction: Government to raise ¢3.21bn this week