The Volta Development Forum (VDF) is developing a smart transportation and housing system to help facilitate movement in the Volta Regional capital.
President of the Foundation, Dr. Prince Kludjeson told the Ghana News Agency that the promotion of the Ho Airport, a key division of the tourism and transportation enclave, required that all other communication modes were developed to enrich travel experiences.
He said the VDF was leading investment in smart minibuses equipped with Wi-Fi and GPS, 50 of which were being procured for a start.
Dr. Klujedson said a regional Wi-Fi project was ongoing to provide internet in all rural communities, and to help create the environment for smart transportation including mobile app-based ride-hailing services.
He also mentioned that banks would be encouraged to expand the coverage of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).
Dr Kudjeson said the VDF was appealing to the Regional Minister to place priority on roads for the next four years, saying the opening of the domestic flight route would increase use of the Eastern corridor superhighway, which must therefore be completed.
He said the Forum particularly appealed to people from the Region to come invest in areas such as real estate, and agro industry.
“We need people to come in and invest. We need to explore ways of building the Region. Transportation and communication is key,” the President stated.
Dr. Kludjeson called for more collaboration among traditional authorities and the political heads towards realizing the needed transformation.
“Chiefs must appreciate a new beginning. They must leave behind petty feuds and work with the Regional Minister for transformation,” he said.
He also appealed to Municipal and District Chief Executives to focus more on sustainable local development.
The VDF is an apolitical organization of people of Volta descent, formed in 2020 to help mobilize resources for the rapid industrialization of the Region.
It has a total of 18 executive committees covering all areas of development, which experienced individuals from the Region are heading.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ashanti Region: Fire kills eight in first quarter of 2021
Power outages in parts of Accra to last 8 days – ECG, GRIDCO