Singer Feli Nuna has made an observation that has got many social media users talking.
According to The Off Da Ground signee, songs released by some artistes sound conspicuously similar to her previous unmastered works.
In a series of tweets, the ‘Anadwo’ singer indicated that it is “funny how artists be releasing music and it sounds like my old demos.”
Funny how artists be releasing music and it sounds like my old demos— ▪Black St☆r Barbie▪ (@FeliNuna) September 29, 2021
She explained that though her intention is not to downgrade colleagues in the industry, she believes her position on the sentiment is a statement of fact.
Then at some point I admit to also believing that that was the way to have a hit song. Forcing me to create music that sounded more like the ones out there on the radio etc. I wasn’t truly happy.. but I felt that was what I had to do to be a successful artist.— ▪Black St☆r Barbie▪ (@FeliNuna) September 29, 2021
“That’s one of the 2 main reasons I took another break off the scene from 2019 – 2021. Cos I had to reassess my vision and get back on track The thing that I loved doing so much became a difficult chore. It became such a pain. Also because I was an independent artiste at the time,” she added.
The musician further expressed her renewed commitment to work towards releasing sounds that reflect her value and belief.
She indicated, in subsequent tweets that she is “in a better place. Grateful for the resources I have now.”
Feli Nuna says she will do her best to put Ghana on the map through her talent.
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- Photos: Osinachi laid to rest
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Communications Minister
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
Don’t start a conversation about the e-levy failing; it’s unacceptable – Kwaku Kwarteng tells the media
Let go of ’empty pride’, seek support from IMF – Dr. Ato Forson to government
University of Energy and Natural Resources host chemistry festival
Nancy Sam appointed new Tourism Ambassador for Miami-Dade County
Ofori-Atta has not indicated need to seek economic support from IMF – Oppong Nkrumah
Playback: PM Express discuss the struggling E-levy
Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
‘E-levy was bound to fail from the beginning’ – Dr Ato Forson
2022 MTN FA Cup Final: Augustine Okrah apologises over headbutting incident
I looked strong outside; but was hurting within – Lady who turned lawyer after 11-year struggle
Land guards attack Dome residents, homes destroyed
“Slow down” on National Cathedral building, tackle poverty – Asabee
Freiburg announce the signing of Daniel-Kofi Kyereh
AIMS Ghana holds Industry and Academia Forum 2022