Interest in this month's international friendlies has been massive. It's understandable as we are barely four months away to the start of 2018 World Cup. Teams that will be representing in Russia have ceased the opportunity to find suitable systems that will be beneficial in the summer.
But there has been a growing concern from Ghanaians as the tall list of back to back friendly games do not include the senior national team, the Black Stars.
Black Stars failed to secure a friendly encounter due to the inability of the various stakeholders involved to secure funds.
Ghana received an invitation from the Jamaican Football Federation to participate in a friendly but only on the condition that the GFA would foot the full cost.
“We don’t have any opponents to play against for this window.
“The only match we have lined up will be in June when we take on Iceland in a pre-World Cup friendly.
“It is about cost and this is a decision the country has to make.
“If we don’t have friendly matches we must organise them and pay for it.
“If the funds are not available there is very little we can do about it,” Communications Director of the GFA Ibrahim Saani Daara revealed.
Ghana failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 2006.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Algeria earn comfortable win over Kenya
- Argentina beat Qatar 2-0 to qualify for Copa America last eight
- AFCON 2019: Senegal see off Tanzania in Mane's absence
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Karela on penalties to lift trophy
- AFCON 2019: Morocco beat Namibia with late own goal
- Algeria v Kenya: Kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Senegal v Tanzania: Kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- Morocco v Namibia: Kick-off time, team news, head to head, form and more
- NC Special Cup: Can Karela United make history?
- Brazil crush Peru 5-0 to reach Copa America last eight
- AFCON 2019: Madagascar draw with Guinea on tournament debut