Interest in this month's international friendlies has been massive. It's understandable as we are barely four months away to the start of 2018 World Cup. Teams that will be representing in Russia have ceased the opportunity to find suitable systems that will be beneficial in the summer.
But there has been a growing concern from Ghanaians as the tall list of back to back friendly games do not include the senior national team, the Black Stars.
Black Stars failed to secure a friendly encounter due to the inability of the various stakeholders involved to secure funds.
Ghana received an invitation from the Jamaican Football Federation to participate in a friendly but only on the condition that the GFA would foot the full cost.
“We don’t have any opponents to play against for this window.
“The only match we have lined up will be in June when we take on Iceland in a pre-World Cup friendly.
“It is about cost and this is a decision the country has to make.
“If we don’t have friendly matches we must organise them and pay for it.
“If the funds are not available there is very little we can do about it,” Communications Director of the GFA Ibrahim Saani Daara revealed.
Ghana failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 2006.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon