Morocco qualified for next year's Africa Cup of Nations without kicking a ball on Saturday while Mali won 1-0 in Gabon to progress.
The Atlas Lions qualify with a game to spare after Comoros' shock 2-1 home win against Malawi.
Morocco beat Cameroon 2-0 on Friday in Group B, while Mali made it through from Group C.
The Eagles' narrow win means they are guaranteed to finish in the top two.
Gabon, meanwhile, must win in Burundi to have any chance of making the finals but a home win will take the East Africans to their first Nations Cup.
Mali boasts 11 points from Group C, while Burundi - who beat South Sudan 5-2 on Friday - have nine, two more than Gabon while the South Sudanese have yet to win a point.
In Casablanca on Friday, Hakim Ziyech scored twice to condemn the African champions to their first defeat under Clarence Seedorf.
Mali and Morocco join Egypt, Madagascar, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Uganda in next year's finals.
"Congratulations to players and staff for this brilliant qualification," tweeted Morocco coach Herve Renard on Saturday.
The North Africans finally beat Cameroon at the twelfth time of asking, having lost seven and drawn four of their previous encounters, which date back to 1981.
The final round of Group B games take place in March, with the Indomitable Lions assured their place as Nations Cup hosts.
The Cameroonians are participating in the qualifiers to ensure competitive match practice and they sit second in the group with 8 points, two fewer than Morocco, while Comoros rise to five points, one more than Malawi.
The win is only the third for Comoros in Nations Cup qualifying history, following on from victory over Mauritius in the 2019 preliminary phase as well as a 1-0 win over Botswana in 2017 qualifying.
Senegal, meanwhile, won 1-0 in Equatorial Guinea on Saturday courtesy of an own goal from Luis Meseguer to extend their lead in Group A.
The Senegalese now have 13 points, three more than second-placed Madagascar who host a Sudan side looking for their first points in Antananarivo on Sunday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María