The Ghana Stock Exchange could not sustain its performance in the month of July 2021 in respect of total value and volume traded.
But the stock market returned about 39% in dollar term, sustaining its position as the best performing stock market in Africa so far this year.
The stock exchange outwitted most analysts’ projection for this year, with impressive gain for investors despite its dip in the month of July 2021.
It recorded a 40.15% and 33.11% fall respectively in volume and value traded, when compared to the same period last year.
However, the market gained an extra 2.79% return in July 2021 to increase its year-to-date return to about 39%.
The top 5 most traded stocks during the month under review were MTN Ghana (81.24%), CAL Bank (9.23%) Guinness Ghana Breweries (1.83%), GCB Bank (1.75%) and Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (1.36%).
Importantly, MTN Ghana is the best performing stock on the market so far this year.
Also, the Ghana Fixed Income Market or the Bond Market closed the month of July 2021 with an impressive 19.46 billion volume trading, a 7.15% increase over the month of June.
This exceptional performance by the Fixed Income Market, brings the first seven months cumulative volume traded to 127 billion, a 113.4% increase over the same period last year.
|July 2021 June 2020|
|GSE CI YTD||2.79%|
|Market Capitalization||¢62.24bn ¢61.3bn|
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- 10 dogs maul 2-year-old pupil to death in school compound
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
Northern Region Police Commander visits victims of brutalities in Tamale
R. Kelly’s legal team brings witnesses who say they never saw abuse by the singer
Stop doing music if you don’t have money – Mr Logic
Ghana to have Covid-19 vaccine manufacturing plant in 2 years – Prof Ampofo
Pictures of Hearts players with flowers before Kamsar game causes stir on social media
R. Kelly not expected to testify at his trial
There are still more women in Ghana than men – 2021 PHC by GSS
You cannot catch thieves forever; consumers will vote with their money if they know original from fake cables – Ghana Standards Authority
Ghanaians in USA welcome Akufo Addo with massive cheers
Ghana Mentorship Network launched to support startups
Takoradi missing woman: Neighbors, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
Silver Star Auto launches all new Peugeot Landtrek 4×4 Pick Up to be assembled in Ghana
Proud and honoured – Salisu reacts to scoring first Southampton goal
Inter Allies vs AshGold saga: Musah and three others charged for participating in match of convenience
2021 PHC : Greater Accra has 2.1m residential, non-residential structures; highest in country