A dentist at Platinum Orthodontics And Advanced Dentistry, Airport Hills, Dr. Yaw Asamoah-Adu has said that the teeth are not supposed to white.
According to him, there is a large spectrum of colours within which the teeth is considered normal.
“If you see your dentist they are going to show you a large spectrum of shades of them … so some people are on the darker shade and some are on the lighter shade,” he said.
In an interview on Joy FM‘s Ultimate Health, Dr Asamoah-Adu advised that before one considers going in for teeth whitening, the individual ought to see the dentist to have an assessment of the tooth done.
“Always make sure you have a dentist do an assessment first. Cleared you to do your teeth whitening before you go into any of the places to have teeth whitening done,” he told the host of Ultimate Health, Nortey Dua.
This he said was because “there may be structural issues, for examples; decays, gum disease among others. Spend your money on that rather than going to have whitening done.”
Speaking on the common side effect associated with laser whitening said “The most common side effect of laser tooth whitening is a bit of sensitivity immediately after and shortly after the process.”
“So you would have some sensitivity a couple of days afterwards. But usually, this resolves. It is important to note that before you have tooth whitening done.”
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
- Behind the scenes: Stephen Appiah and Laryea Kingston when #EurosOnMGL cameras are off
- Tiwa is not my wife – Yaw Sarpong reacts to rumours
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
- IGP must retire for a more enthusiastic officer to take over – Security Analyst
BoG warns persons buying or selling foreign currency to desist or face prosecution
Euros On MGL: France v Germany betting preview
Ghana complete Asian tour with no wins after South Korea defeat
Tracey Boakye holds plush birthday party for 1-year-old daughter; showers cash on her
Say it right: ‘Request’ not ‘request for’
Police should step up their game in retrieval of unlicensed firearms – Accra Mayor after bullion van attack
“Concerned Staff of GCB” publication on bad corporate governance and others, false, malicious – GCB Bank
Driver of GNPC boss loses wife in attack by gunmen in Kumasi
Euros On MGL: Hungary v Portugal betting preview
Ghana, Kenya to facilitate inter-regional trade
Execute prisoners who have been sentenced to death – Deputy A-G designate
Ecobank Ghana pledges support for women in agriculture
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape