A prominent lawyer based in Tema, R.S Blay, has been stabbed to death with a broken bottle.
Blay is said to have driven to the Tema General Hospital bleeding profusely from the injury and died shortly on arrival.
Tema police Commander, Augustine Gyenin, confirmed the death in an interview with Joy News.
The police commander said his outfit had commenced investigations into the matter and invited members of the public who may know about the incident to volunteer information.
Mr. R.S. Blay was reportedly stabbed while in his black VW Passat saloon car with registration GT 8111 Z.
Tema Police Public Relations Officer, Chief Inspector Olivia Turkson also told Joy News the deceased had requested for a pen and paper from the hospital attendants but died shortly after.
“We are pleading with anybody who has any information of the death of this lawyer to give it out to us so the perpetrator would be brought to book,” she stated.
Friends of the deceased have promised a huge cash reward for anybody who would provide vital information in connection with Blay’s death.
Mr Kwasi Anamoah Sakyi, one of the friends told Joy News the demise of their pal came to them as a shock, describing it as a great loss to them and the nation.
He wondered why a “wicked personality” would do such a thing to their beloved friend.
The friends have proposed a GH¢20,000 cash reward for anyone providing information that will lead to the killer or killers.
- Don’t fall for the drama; NDC has cut a deal with NPP to pass 2022 budget – Ernesto Yeboah alleges
- Speaker Bagbin is not an MP, but I am – Joseph Osei Owusu defends approval of 2022 budget
- Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget
- Minority Caucus has betrayed Ghanaians again, joined Akufo-Addo’s Kabuki dance – Martin Amidu
- Kaneshie District Court rescinds bench warrant issued against Francis-Xavier Sosu
- 2022 Budget: Why Parliament was suspended for 1 hour on December 1
- Parliament apologises for chaotic scenes in the House
- Approval of 2022 budget: It would’ve been a full-blown conflict if Minority were in the chamber – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Economic Fighters League will contest 2024 elections – Ernesto Yeboah
- Asantehene requests expedited efforts to curb power crises in the Ashanti Region
Covid-19: Don’t kiss strangers under mistletoe – UK Minister
Bawumia donates GHC 50k to SWAG Awards
Pernod Ricard Ghana launches road safety campaign
COVID-19: Ghana detects 34 cases of Omicron variant
MHRA approves Xevudy (sotrovimab), a COVID-19 treatment found to cut hospitalisation and death by 79%
Pan-African Writers Association to launch a book in honour of Rawlings
What are the symptoms of Omicron?
Fourth wave takes off in South Africa
2021 NSMQ Champions, Prempeh College presents trophy to Asantehene
South Africa Covid-19 infections double since Monday
NSMQ2021: Prof. Kaufmann challenges female SHS to be more proactive
Re: Daniel Ofori vs Ecobank and others
12 women in court for using ‘juju’ to stop road construction
9 expert-backed strategies to handle rejection from a guy
Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget