Audio By Carbonatix
Filming has resumed on the movie "The Batman", after a two-week shutdown caused by a member of the production who tested positive for coronavirus.
Robert Pattinson, 34, who plays The Caped Crusader, was widely reported to be the person who was diagnosed in early September, but Warner Bros never confirmed or denied this.
In a statement on Thursday, the studio said: "Following a hiatus for Covid-19 quarantine precautions, filming has now resumed on The Batman in the UK."
The movie only recently returned to filming near London after the pandemic forced it to shut down for six months.
It had started shooting in Glasgow earlier this year but was stopped for the same reason.
‘The Batman’ has officially resumed filming! 🦇 pic.twitter.com/maUFXoI8ab
— Robert Pattinson Online (@rpattinsonfr) September 17, 2020
The Batman, which is directed by Matt Reeves, will see Pattinson, 34, follow in the footsteps of actors including Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, Val Kilmer, Michael Keaton and George Clooney in playing the Dark Knight.
Pattinson recently told Variety he actively pursued the role, admitting it took several "prods" to persuade Reeves he was right for the part.
The film also stars Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth and Jeffrey Wright as Gotham City's police chief Commissioner Gordon.
It was initially due for release in June 2021 but has been pushed back to 1 October 1 2021.
Latest Stories
-
Trump says US to reduce military drills with South Korea after it stayed out of Iran war
48 seconds -
Greater Manchester NDC UK branch elects new executives
2 minutes -
Ghana’s anti-corruption fight has stagnated— Transparency International
6 minutes -
UMB, ORC partner to make business registration easier for entrepreneurs
10 minutes -
Cedi is ‘long overdue for a refresh’ – Mahama
13 minutes -
GenCED urges NPP to extend 50% nomination fee reduction to women, youth and PWDs
17 minutes -
The source of cedi appreciation matters more than the appreciation itself
24 minutes -
Ashanti cocoa farmers welcome new COCOBOD Bill, back key reforms
27 minutes -
‘GoldBod is a very big scandal awaiting us’ – Afenyo-Markin
28 minutes -
‘GoldBod is failing’ – Afenyo-Markin cites IMF report on $1.7bn losses
29 minutes -
Fire destroys ICT lab at Gushegu Midwifery Training School, threatens licensure exams
30 minutes -
Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
31 minutes -
Bawumia charges NPP executives to rebuild party for 2028 victory
34 minutes -
Unite the region and deliver victory in 2028 – Dr. Bawumia to new Greater Accra NPP executives
34 minutes -
Ukrainian strikes kill six in Russia, acting governor says
34 minutes