Audio By Carbonatix
Tiger Woods is set to play at the US Open in June after the United States Golf Association confirmed they had received his competition entry form.
The world number one gave no indication when he would next play after finishing joint fourth at the Masters on Sunday.
But the USGA said he had entered the field for the season's second major, starting on 17 June at Pebble Beach.
Woods, 34, won the US Open 10 years ago at the same venue when he beat the field by 15 shots.
The 14-time major winner will also be joined in the field by Tom Watson after the 60-year-old was granted a special exemption.
Watson has not played in the tournament for seven years but won the US Open at Pebble Beach in 1982.
"I am deeply grateful to the USGA for extending me the invitation to play in the US Open at one of my favourite golf courses in the world," said Watson.
The American has won eight majors and came agonisingly close to adding a ninth when he finished runner-up at last year's Open Championship.
He also made a fine start to the Masters last week when he shot a first round five-under-par score of 67 and finished tied for 18th overall.
Source:BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
5 minutes -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
11 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
12 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
12 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
18 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
19 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
23 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
29 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
34 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
39 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
42 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
46 minutes -
Massive crowd turns out for Brock Royal Family’s Osu Duku Walk
48 minutes -
Aboboyaa Group donates two motorcycles to NACOC Ashanti Command
52 minutes -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
59 minutes