Two lines were all she needed to vent and she did so on her new single, ‘Loaded’.
Nigerian superstar, Tiwa Savage, dropped her new song at midnight featuring break-out talent, Asake.
It was an Afrobeats cocktail of Nigerian alté and an amapiano fusion.
This comes a year after the 42-year-old songstress battled with a leak of her sex tape which caused a public uproar.
It appears this song was all she needed to hit back at critics who had tied her down to that one moment in her timeline.
After Asake’s delivery track’s opening verse, Tiwa jumps in.
“Sex tape o’le baye mi je, igbadun kekere yen, Na who never f*&k, hands in the air,” portions of her verse said.
The phrase, “Sex tape o’le baye mi je” translates into ‘sex tape can’t spoil my life’ in English.
Essentially, the award-winning singer, per this line, says she won’t allow the October 2021 incident to mar her career trajectory.
The second part of that line was inspired by Black Sherif’s famous line on Kweku The Traveller.
She employs that bar as a way to demonstrate how much of her mistakes she is willing to own as human as she is.
For me, @TiwaSavage has made a mad comeback from #kookoofun— 📝The Genius Writer📝 (@still_ayodele) November 8, 2022
This is the Tiwa Savage we all fell in love with…
And when she said "Sex tape o le baye mi je… igbadun kekere yen…na who never f*ck hands in the air"… I felt that 🙌🏽
There is an additional 10-second skit with the song’s official video to drum home the essence of this angle alone.
The highly anticipated video was directed by TG Omari.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Ahuofe Patri loses mother
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Let’s not abandon ‘Azonto’ genre in music – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO