A United Kingdom-based educational consultant and Reverend Minister, Henry Godson-Afful, has donated technological gadgets to the Department of Business and Social Sciences of the University of Cape Coast (UCC).
The donation, he said, is to complement teaching and learning in the institution to ensure practicality.
Rev Godson-Afful donated an interactive whiteboard, projector, tripod and cameras to help with hybrid learning.
Head of the department, Dr Bernard Yaw Sekyi Acquah, who received the equipment on behalf of the institution, expressed his gratitude for the gesture.
He promised both the training and items donated would be put to effective use.
“This donation is very much appreciated because it has come at the right time and will be used for the department’s seminars every week, and the training he has given us has also adequately prepared us to make effective use of them,” he said.
He added that: “The hybrid learning is a welcoming idea as students who are unable to come for activities due to Covid-19 and other challenges can effectively participate in teaching and learning.”
Dr Acquah called on other bodies and alumni of UCC to all come on board and support the university to fulfill its mandate.
He also used the opportunity to facilitate a training workshop for lecturers and staff of the department on the use of technology in a hybrid classroom after which a citation was presented to Rev Afful.
- 18-year-old woman dies during sex on wedding night
- Ghana ranked 2nd most peaceful country in Africa
- NDC demands CJ withdraws petition against Ayine at General Legal Council
- I’m expecting another set of twins but not with Vanessa – Funny Face reveals
- #FixTheCountry campaigners want AG out of injunction case
- Covid-19: Deadly Indian strain detected in Ghana – Sputnik V, AstraZeneca vaccines not effective against it
- Full text: Asiedu Nketia’s speech on Chief Justice’s complaint against Dr Ayine at General Legal Council
- Cocobod borrows ¢11.7 billion to finance cocoa purchases; production exceeds target
- Sadio Mane donates half-million pounds to build a hospital at hometown
- 2021 Census: More than 8 million structures listed
Students of Islamic Girls’ SHS storm Wa police station over tutors’ arrest
My opinion on 2020 election petition ruling didn’t harm reputation of Justices – Ayine replies CJ’s petition
Political enlistment into security agencies could be detrimental – Samuel Atta Mills warns
Court ruling undermines Right to Information Law – Sulemana Braimah
Police begin investigations into MoMo merchant’s murder at Okorase in Eastern Region
Covid-19 cases surge in Ashanti Region
Our musicians need support of DJs – Bessa Simons
Euros On MGL: England’s Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount to self-isolate after Gilmour Covid-19 test
Euros On MGL: Emotional win sees Denmark through to face Wales in last 16
Euros On MGL: Belgium win to leave Finland waiting on last-16 hopes
Euros On MGL: Wijnaldum scores twice Netherlands go through with 100% record
Father’s Day: A heartwarming gesture to fathers that speaks volume
Covid-19: Deadly Indian strain detected in Ghana – Sputnik V, AstraZeneca vaccines not effective against it
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Pricing the right: The case of elusive freedom of information law’
SHS Student beats teacher to pulp, stabs security man with broken bottle