The UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC), a member-based trade association that promotes bilateral trade between the UK and Ghana, has successfully held the first Royal Ascot Ladies Day Event in Ghana to celebrate the iconic annual UK cultural event.
Ascot, one of Britain’s most well-known racecourses, holds a special week of races in June each year called the Royal Ascot, attended by Her Majesty the Queen.
The week has become Britain’s most popular race meeting, welcoming over 300,000 visitors all dressed in their finest clothes and hats. The Ladies Day is synonymous with fashion competitions where awards were given for Best Dressed Lady, Best Dressed Couple and Best Hat.
Speaking to Joy Business, Executive Director, Adjobah Kyiamah, said this year’s Royal Ascot Ladies event is a corporate social responsibility targeted at improving Ghana’s health sector.
“The Royal Ascot in the UK is a very iconic event, we were looking for an event to tie to a charitable course. I’m here with my Fundraising Committee to raise funds to help install clinical trials unit at the University of Ghana Medical Centre”.
Adjoba Kyiamah, explained further that the donation to the UGMC MSRC Fund Raising Committee is important because “now more than ever, we need more clinical trials in our country to help identify the best treatment for diseases in our environment. It is also an urgent imperative given the backdrop of the recent global pandemic”.
The Royal Ascot Ladies event is the first of its kind held here in Ghana by the UK-Ghana Chamber of Commerce.
- ‘It depends on if I find the right person’ – NSMQ quiz mistress on possibility of another marriage
- Thomas Partey leaves Black Stars camp, set to miss Nicaragua clash
- Global Citizen Festival brings Accra to standstill as social media goes gaga
- Mankessim: Chief in murder case is alive and behind bars – Police
- Ghana is going to have a female president one day – Akufo-Addo
- Putin fires deputy defence chief amid supply failures
- Queen Elizabeth II: Picture of chapel ledger stone released
- Benjamin Amponsah Mensah: Why Ghana must expand the use of natural gas
- Netflix warns viewers about ‘Dahmer’ being ‘too disturbing’
- Roger Federer: 20-time Grand Slam champion retires after Laver Cup loss
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- My best friend dumped me when I took back my cheating ex
- Governments, fossil fuel companies must be held accountable for climate loss and damages – ICCCAD
- Livestream: Big Chef kitchen is hot; 2 contestants exit tonight
- Ghanaian wins St. Antony’s first ever DAC scholarship
- When the ‘one’ becomes the ‘one who got away’
- Ghana’s public debt was 80% to GDP during Covid-19 pandemic; we’ll help restore macroeconomic stability – IMF
- 12 signs you’re his ‘one that got away’
- Almost 50% of women regret this part of their relationship
- Playback: The Law discusses RTI regime and its challenges
- American Airlines passenger arrested after punching flight attendant
- Italy votes as far-right Meloni looks for victory
- Hwentea support eye, liver health – Study
- Ernest Owusu Bempah: Steve Hanke’s understanding of Ghana’s economic situation not backed by data