Audio By Carbonatix
The Northern Regional Health Directorate on Thursday received two vehicles valued at $60, 000 from the United Nation's International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF) to help fight high infant mortality rates.
The Country Director of UNICEF, Dr. Yasmin Ali Haque, said the vehicles were also meant to improve the High Impact Rapid Delivery Programme of the Ghana Health Service which is aimed at improving the quality of health services children under five years.
She said the country is in a good position in reaching the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015 because most of the health indicators were moving downwards which is a positive signal of good health provision.
Dr. Akwasi Twumasi, the Northern Regional Director of Health Service who received the vehicles, said the vehicles would be used in monitoring and assisting in quality health care delivery to reduce the under-five deaths.
He commended the efforts of UNICEF in the country's health care delivery system by often presenting vehicles that had been used to improve on the quality of the health care of people adding that "last year, we received 90 motor bikes from UNICEF which are all being put in good use."
The vehicles are to be given to the East Gonja and Saboba Health Directorates
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
8 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
9 minutes -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
15 minutes -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
24 minutes -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
56 minutes -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
58 minutes -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
1 hour -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
1 hour -
Two nationwide blackouts in a space of a month ‘cause for worry’ – Adomako-Mensah
1 hour -
Technical challenges affecting tax payments are being resolved—GRA
1 hour -
Ghana Premier League 2026/27: What to expect from the new season
2 hours -
Academic who accused Jason Arday of plagiarism suspended by university
2 hours -
Founder of collapsed Chinese property giant Evergrande sentenced to life in prison
2 hours -
UK, France, Germany, Italy and Canada condemn Israel’s West Bank settlement project
2 hours -
VIDEO: I don’t subscribe to Oyinbo life, Nigeria’s Elumelu schools lady for calling him by first name
2 hours