Access to the Mafi Sasekpe Health Centre in the Central Tongu District of the Volta Region is restricted due to water occupying paths meant for pedestrians and vehicles.
The centre is situated in a waterlogged area.
Health Officer in charge of the Centre, Jonas Bobi said, “we have been suffering for some time now and we cannot come here to work.”
He added that a new maternity block provided by the Assembly had also been affected by the situation and was not aiding maternal health delivery.
The health centre serves about 29 catchment areas including Fulani settlements with a combined population of 9,497.
Ghana News Agency visited the health centre.
Their checks indicated that it receives an average of 35 clients daily and is manned by 11 health personnel who serve two hour shifts.
Queen mother of Mafi Sasekpe, Mama Klebetesi III told GNA, officials of the District Assembly said the Assembly owed the contractor and that the maternity unit, completed four years ago, could not be commissioned for use.
She said follow-ups to the offices of the Architectural and Engineering Services Limited (AESL) to whom the Assembly awarded the project, yielded no results.
Mama Klebetesi called on stakeholders to provide an elevated access to the centre, adding that the community had little option than to try themselves to fill up the site.
- #FixTheCountry protestors counter injunction with #NameAndShame campaign on social media
- I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
- Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
- Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa
- Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- Missing ‘okada’ rider found dead in the bush
- Keep an eye on househelps to curb sexual abuse – Victim of child defilement advises parents
Stephen Bernard Donkor: Politicians must fix their attitudes
Pensioner in BBC Africa Eye film dies without pension
Christ Embassy Church members plead not guilty to breaching restrictions on public gathering
Livestream: Newsfile discusses #FixTheCountry brouhaha; Muslim students not allowed to fast in public Christian school
Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
WHO approves Chinese Covid vaccine
Ghana to become hub of pharmaceutical production in SSA; sales forecast to hit GH¢2.86bn
Young African entrepreneurs to maximize benefits from AfCFTA
Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
Health Directorate initiate moves to improve health care delivery at Ada West
National best maize farmer calls on government to develop agricultural policies
We must reassess the composition of NDPC – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
#FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
Akufo-Addo has the power to allow #FixTheCountry protest – Martin Kpebu
Koforidua GPRTU urges drivers to remain calm over fuel adjustment