Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has spoken in the last few minutes, though not about the drone attack in Moscow.
Instead, during a trip to East Africa, Lavrov accused Western leaders of “directly supporting genocide” by backing Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s peace plan, the Reuters news agency reported.
It seems Lavrov is referring to the 10-point peace plan Zelensky published at the end of last year. It called for – among other things – the restoration of Ukraine’s state borders with Russia and the release of all war prisoners and children deported to Russia since the war began.
Addressing a press conference, Lavrov said the plan hoped to “destroy everything Russian” in east Ukraine and Crimea. He offered no evidence to support his claims.
Russia has long accused the West of ignoring what it says is Ukraine’s persecution of Russian language speakers in the eastern Donbas region and elsewhere.
- Malta Guinness cleans Sakumono Beach as part of 2023 World Cleanup Day
- Russian Ambassador to Ghana speaks on current global geopolitical situation
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- CWG Ghana launches 20th anniversary celebrations
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’