Audio By Carbonatix
Kwahu traditional authorities in the Eastern region are on high alert following a dawn raid at the palace that has left the whereabouts of the Kwahu Queen Mother, Nana Adwoa Gyamfua III, unknown.
The linguist of the Kwahumanhene, Obour Asabere, in an interview on Adom FM’s Dwaso Nsem, stated that the situation remains tense, with no word yet from the police regarding the incident.
He revealed that the raid, reportedly led by former Kwahu chief Daasebre Akuamoah Boateng II, involved armed individuals, including landguards and police, and resulted in injuries to some palace guards.
Mr Asabere explained that he personally has not visited the palace, fearing arrest if spotted.
“I couldn’t go to the palace because personally, if they get me, I will be arrested,” he said, highlighting the precarious nature of the situation.
He also noted that although the former chief had been destooled over a year ago and had grievances regarding his removal, no one anticipated such a violent return. Authorities are still investigating why the former chief targeted the palace despite leaving nothing behind.
READ ALSO: Tension mounts in Kwahu as Queen Mother is reportedly abducted
Mr. Asabere noted that the Paramount Chief, Daasebre Akuamoah Boateng III, was away in Accra when the incident happened but has made a quick return to Kwahu.
Latest Stories
-
Mary Anane Awuku rejects caning, advocates counselling and parental involvement
43 seconds -
Many people don’t like sharing their success tips – Mary Anane Awuku
3 minutes -
Resurrection of GN Savings and Loans will be tough – Joe Jackson
5 minutes -
SanlamAllianz Life sponsors four Ghanaian athletes for 2026 Cape Town Marathon
7 minutes -
2026 Legacy Expo comes off on June 3, 2026
13 minutes -
CBG deepens financial inclusion drive with expansion of agency banking network
20 minutes -
Non-Performing Loans decline to 18% nut elevated risk remains – BoG
24 minutes -
Cocoa farmers in Ahondwo area appeal for clinic, support services
29 minutes -
Building collapse kills at least 9 people in Morocco’s Fez
30 minutes -
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
33 minutes -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
35 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle LeagueÂ
35 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
37 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
38 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
40 minutes