To avoid being asked if his parents support his choice of career, M.anifest has put short audios of his father talking about his music in his new song, ‘No Long Talk’.
Lawyer and academic Tsatsu Tsikata said he was not only proud to see his son pursuing music but he is also impressed with his creativity.
“I wish I had those kinds of creative skills…The lyrics are tremendous,” he said.
M.anifest said on JoyNews’ AM show that although he has been in the industry for over 10 years, interviewers still ask him if his parents approve of his music.
The question, he said, has been answered over and over again on numerous occasions.
“I have been asked this question for like 10 years, so here is my last and final answer…anybody who ask me that question again I will be like ‘No Long Talk’,” M.anifest added.
This is not the first time M.anifest has had a family member speak in his song.
In 2018, the video for his hit song ‘Me Ne Woa’ featuring King Promise has his grandfather in there.
The late Professor Emeritus Joseph Hanson Kwabena Nketia in the video was explaining the meaning of the song.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- Total pension funds increased by 18% to ¢39.6bn in 2021
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding
- US government to provide $138m to support human capital development in Ghana
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on
- KiDi, Kuami Eugene wrap up Europe tour with 3 shows in one night
- ‘I’m not worried’ – Otto Addo on Black Stars form
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- KiDi releases ‘4Play’ EP with voice notes to fans
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Weweso JHS students save up ‘chop money’ to buy sanitary pads
- Global Citizen Festival: Usher, DWP Academy, others wow crowd