Audio By Carbonatix
Richard Kingson will be on the lookout for a new club after Wigan Athletic decided not to renew his deal at the end of June.
The Ghana shot stopper did not make a single appearance for the English Premier League side even though he has remained first choice for Ghana's Black Stars.
Now the goalkeeper who is set to be Ghana's first choice again at the world cup has been told in no uncertain terms he will have to look for a new home.
"The situations with Paul Scharner, Richard Kingson and Tomasz Kupisz are very clear, Wigan boss Roberto Martinez said. "We will find out where we are with the other out of contract players over the next few weeks. The majority of our contracts run out on June 30, and I am sure it is going to be an ongoing situation between now and then."
Kingston had previously played at Birmingham City where he again barely played and will be seeking to impress on the grand stage of the World Cup as he looks for a new club.
He is presently with the Ghana team in Paris training ahead of the World Cup.
Source: Kickoff.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
47 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
1 hour -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
1 hour -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
1 hour -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
1 hour -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
1 hour -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
3 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
3 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
5 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
5 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
5 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours