The Xornametor Foundation, a non-governmental organization dedicated to helping the vulnerable in society has constructed a three-unit pavilion for CK Kope, a community at the overbank of Tapa Abotoase in the Biakoye district.
The structure is to help improve teaching and learning in the community.
The Foundation decided to come to the aid of the community when it was realised that they lacked classroom infrastructure, a situation that has greatly affected members of the community, especially school children.
The founder of the Xornametor Foundation, Vincent Kaledzi, emphasised the need for parents to take their children’s education more seriously in order to set them up for a better future.
Mr Kaledzi considers education as the key to rapid development of society, hence the need for his outfit to take issues concerning child education more seriously, by helping to build modern classroom infrastructure for schools in deprived communities.
Mr Kaledzi, with the stool name, Torgbui Xornametor, noted that the project will bring great relief and development to the villages and their residents, because when completed children will no longer have to walk over three kilometers to neighbouring villages for education.
He emphasised that collective individual efforts to support one another can minimize the challenges of deprivation, poverty, a lack of basic necessities of life, child abuse, and related vices, adding that as a people, we need to avoid excessive reliance on government.
Mr Kaledzi appealed to other corporate organizations to support the construction of the school project.
Residents are excited about the help of Xornametor Foundation and hope that more of such amenities is brought to the various communities.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display