The Bolgatanga Central MP, Isaac Adongo appears to have had enough of the Finance Minister’s incessant biblical quotations during every address to the nation.
Ken Ofori-Atta appeared before Parliament on Thursday to brief the legislators about the government’s Domestic Debt Exchange Programme and as has become the norm, he concluded his statement with a quotation from the Holy Book.
But Mr Adongo would not have that today.
He questioned the moral grounds the Finance Minister had to throw the word of God at Ghanaians while taking their hard-earned money.
“As a country, we are not angry enough. This cannot happen to anybody. You are here reading this boring and underwhelming statement to us and yet you are taking our money.
“This is not a joke, you are even quoting the Bible. Which of the Bibles are you quoting? Quoting the Bible and taking our money? You are denying the poor pensioner his/her money and you are still quoting the Bible?” he quizzed.
The Bolgatanga Central lawmaker subsequently asked the Finance Minister to resign with immediate effect for mismanaging the economy.
“Resign! Resign right here in your statement to Parliament,” he was categorical.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil, diesel in Western Region
- UEW staff write to Akufo-Addo to remove Governing Council Chair over abuse of office, appointment of VC
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned
- Ecobank Ghana supports Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative with $120,000
- Prince Harry accused of ‘wasting time’
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss
- Wimbledon: Russian and Belarusian players still waiting for visas to enter UK
- Ga Traditional Council entreats citizens to adhere to customary laws
- We’ll continue to push for good pricing for Ghana’s cocoa beans – Agric Minister