Zenith Bank has been adjudged the "Bank of the Year, Ghana" at the 2014 Banker Awards held at the plush Intercontinental Hotel in London.
The awards, put together by the Banker Magazine, recognised banks that have distinguished themselves in about 155 countries.
In all about 500 entries were submitted for the various categories in each country.
The banker awards over the years has been the reference point for accessing the performance of banks in the world.
Speaking to Joy Business after the awards, Managing Director of Zenith Bank Ghana, Daniel Asiedu said the award shows the bank was on track to achieving excellence.
"In nine years we have won so many awards including , the Bank of the Year organised by Corporate initiative Ghana…We dedicate this award to our cherished customers and it would encourage us to come out with more innovative products for our clients", he said.
United Bank for Africa picked up the Regional Award for Africa, and Bank of the Year in four countries, while, Ecobank also picked up award as Bank of the Year in five countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Togo, Niger, Cameroon, while International Commercial Bank of China was adjudged Global Bank of the Year.
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- ‘I get only ¢47 as pension’ – Nkrumah’s bodyguard laments life after president’s death
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- You can’t lead Ghana with your coconut heads – KT Hammond to those who booed Akufo-Addo
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- NDC dissociates itself from Akufo-Addo’s booing; says incident reflects mood of Ghanaians
- The art exhibition that took Christian rituals literally brutal
- Moussa Dadis Camara: Guinea’s ex-military ruler on trial over stadium massacre
- Ethiopia’s Tigray war: Satellite images capture troop build-up near Eritrea border
- Joining UN Global Compact a step on the right path to ensuring investor confidence – DBG CEO
- Araba Opoku inspires hope, beauty and satisfaction from struggle in Whispers Down The Lane exhibition
- Roselyn Felli receives two nominations at NCA Awards 2022
- ‘Ghana is the No.1 tourism destination in West Africa’ – Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture
- Fitch downgrade unfortunate, further depresses our bonds on international market – Ofori-Atta
- DBG signs UN Global Compact, pledges to abide by 10 principles for sustainable business and governance
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- Liberia rice shortage causes panic-buying
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Black Stars’ poor performance and preparations for World Cup
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Asante Kotoko beat Nsoatreman in outstanding matchday 1 fixture
- Podcast: Are Black Stars ready for Qatar after friendlies against Brazil and Nicaragua?
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia