Professional Ghanaian Boxer Bukom Banku has confirmed that he is bleaching his skin.
According to the boxer, he is bleaching for Ghana's President, John Manama, to make him Ghana's ambassador to Germany after winning the 2016 general election.
In an interview on Radio Gold’s Home Touch entertainment programme on Thursday, the boxer said "I am bleaching my skin because when John Mahama wins 2016 elections, he will make me Ghana's ambassador to Germany. I am bleaching myself for German people to know that German people and Bukom Banku are one," he said.
Bukom Banku continued: "Bleaching can't affect my skin because I have a very good skin. Again, rashes can't affect me because I am using Cleaning Claire and I am taking medicine as well. So if you see me now, you will observe that I am from Germany. I want Ghanaians to know that I am a German now. I am at Ho right now with the President, John Mahama, at Okudzeto Ablakwa's constituency.
"If I don't bleach they won't give me that position…and if you see me now I look fresh because of President John Mahama," he added.
Bukom Banku's confirmation comes after photos of his bleached skin went viral on social media on Wednesday. Many people criticised him while others wondered if the photos were products of Photoshop.
But the boxer said people should not be concerned about his decision to bleach: "People shouldn't be worried. I am changing my system for a while. I want to tell Ghanaians not to worry about me. I will bleach till August and then stop."
The boxer added that he has put his boxing career on hold in order to campaign for John Mahama's NDC party to retain political power.
He said if the president does not win, he would go back to boxing.
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child
- Ghanaian actors are too comfortable - Moesha Boduong
- Video: Comedian Steve Harvey in Ghana for Year of Return
- Pius wins hearts with dance moves at Chicago’s Ghanafest 2019
- 'What Do Girls Really Want' – Sister Derby, Freda Rhymz, others school Lord Paper
- Checkout Becca's birthday message from husband
- I deserve to be among top ten best rappers – Tinny
- It's unfair to compare young rappers to older ones – Hammer
- Anger as Kenyan copyright society pays musicians $24 as royalties
- Nana Ama McBrown celebrates 42 birthday with hot photo
- Video: Presby Church rejected my National Service posting because of my hairstyle – KiDi