Have you ever come across a fountain that is fitted with lighting scenery that ‘dances’ to music? Well the first of such facility can be found in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates but a similar one with more enhanced features has been created in the Ashanti regional capital, Kumasi.
The Rattray Park started by the Kojo Bonsu-led Kumasi metropolitan assembly is expected to be opened to the public next month.
The 42 thousand square meters recreational facility, the biggest in the country, can boast of 6 square meters multimedia controlled fountain, children playground, a golf cart, Wi-Fi internet connectivity, an open robust gym and a cafeteria.
Operations manager of the Rattray Park, Masawudu Mahama told Myjoyonline.com the facility can accommodate over one thousand people.
“One interesting thing about this place is the fountain...the movement of the water and the lighting scenery commensurate with the multimedia controlled sound system; that is why it is called the dancing fountain,” he noted.
The facility will afford residents of Kumasi and Ghanaians in general a perfect place to relax while enjoy the natural scenery.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 5 best trips for solo travellers
- UN experts urge govt to ensure justice for slain Ahmed
- Photos: 2 passengers allegedly raped, others robbed at gunpoint
- Veep accident: Injured security personnel, passengers discharged
- Nyantakyi and another freed by court
- 233 communities to benefit from grid expansion in Ashanti Region
- Meteorological Agency gets 10 automatic weather stations
- 'Tinder for cows' matches livestock in the mood for love
- Establish counselling departments in schools – GNACC
- Spousal violence is a crime report all cases – CHRAJ
- Vice President involved in accident, one dead
- Photos: Hungary opens consulate in Kumasi
- GNPC CEO, Board Chair in turf war over Procurement Manager hiring
- Woman goes viral for reviewing brands of soap on how good they taste
- Short Commission: Police testimonies show breakdown in command, control – Bentil