Have you ever come across a fountain that is fitted with lighting scenery that ‘dances’ to music? Well the first of such facility can be found in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates but a similar one with more enhanced features has been created in the Ashanti regional capital, Kumasi.
The Rattray Park started by the Kojo Bonsu-led Kumasi metropolitan assembly is expected to be opened to the public next month.
The 42 thousand square meters recreational facility, the biggest in the country, can boast of 6 square meters multimedia controlled fountain, children playground, a golf cart, Wi-Fi internet connectivity, an open robust gym and a cafeteria.
Operations manager of the Rattray Park, Masawudu Mahama told Myjoyonline.com the facility can accommodate over one thousand people.
“One interesting thing about this place is the fountain...the movement of the water and the lighting scenery commensurate with the multimedia controlled sound system; that is why it is called the dancing fountain,” he noted.
The facility will afford residents of Kumasi and Ghanaians in general a perfect place to relax while enjoy the natural scenery.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- I never welcomed drone health service - GMA General Secretary
- Retraction and apology to GMA General Secretary, Dep. Information minister
- Be wary of Ghana's security before passing RTI- Ex-Pres Kufuor
- Medical outreach to mark 10th anniversary of Buipewura Jinapor II
- First Atlantic Bank donates Mother and Baby Unit to the Talensi District Hospital
- OtherslikemeGH participates in Total Startupper of the Year Competition
- Gandhi statue on University of Ghana ‘falls’
- Roman Ridge School tops Inter schools Chess tournament
- 'For the dignity of mankind' - Ghanaian who saved life on KLM flight reveals motivation
- “Earthquakes don’t kill, poor buildings do” GSA pushes for L.I.
- Newspaper headlines: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- U.S. Embassy issues alert on Dagbon; warns citizens against travelling to town
- Gov’t must secure peace progress as Yendi gets set for Yaa Naas' funerals - Dr Aning
- Real-life Rapunzel hasn’t had a haircut in 28 years
- Ghana named among top 5 destinations in Africa for 2019