Have you ever come across a fountain that is fitted with lighting scenery that ‘dances’ to music? Well the first of such facility can be found in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates but a similar one with more enhanced features has been created in the Ashanti regional capital, Kumasi.
The Rattray Park started by the Kojo Bonsu-led Kumasi metropolitan assembly is expected to be opened to the public next month.
The 42 thousand square meters recreational facility, the biggest in the country, can boast of 6 square meters multimedia controlled fountain, children playground, a golf cart, Wi-Fi internet connectivity, an open robust gym and a cafeteria.
Operations manager of the Rattray Park, Masawudu Mahama told Myjoyonline.com the facility can accommodate over one thousand people.
“One interesting thing about this place is the fountain...the movement of the water and the lighting scenery commensurate with the multimedia controlled sound system; that is why it is called the dancing fountain,” he noted.
The facility will afford residents of Kumasi and Ghanaians in general a perfect place to relax while enjoy the natural scenery.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs
- Who will be Ghana’s next possible IGP? Find out here
- Chinese man gets ten days in jail for giving his dogs “illegal” names
- Geddit Ghana announces winner of maiden promotion
- Zion College, Anloga celebrates 82nd speech and prize giving day