Audio By Carbonatix
A woman in Indonesia is facing death by firing squad for accidentally killing a little boy in an apparent failed attempt at revenge.
Nani Aprilliani, 25, has been charged with pre-meditated murder after 10-year-old Naba Faiz Prasety ate a poisoned kebab intended for her ex-lover, The Times reports.
Naba’s father, Bandiman, is a delivery driver who, according to police, was offered 30,000 rupiah (£1.50) by Aprilliani to drop off a food package at an address in Central Java.
This was reportedly the home of a policeman, named only as Tomy, who had left Aprilliani to marry another woman. Tomy was not home and his wife refused to accept the parcel, containing a meat satay dish, because she didn’t know who had sent it.
Not wanting the meal to go to waste, Bandiman took it home and shared it with his wife and son, who soon began foaming at the mouth and vomiting.
The pair were rushed to the local municipal hospital, where she was saved by doctors. Naba, however, didn’t survive.
Investigations revealed that they had been poisoned by the satay sauce which was laced with cyanide rat poison. This was the one part of the meal Bandiman hadn’t eaten.
Police eventually identified Aprilliani, a beautician from the city of Yogyakarta, in CCTV footage that captured her initial conversation with Bandiman.
She was arrested on April 30, five days after the Naba’s death.
Police said she bought the cyanide online at the end of March with the express aim of poisoning her former lover.
“The suspect planned the crime,” said Burkan Rudy Satria, the head of the Yogyakarta police General Crimes Investigation Unit. “She bought the poison for 225,000 rupiah [£11] online.
“Her motive was heartbreak, because the target married someone else, not her.”
She faces 20 years behind bars or execution, which is carried out by firing squad in the Southeast Asian country.
Latest Stories
-
BoG has not abandoned eCedi project – BoG Governor assures
19 seconds -
We are not intervening in the market but building reserves – BoG Governor on cedi pressures
7 minutes -
Supreme Court suit challenges Ghana’s criminal libel and false news laws
7 minutes -
Ghana Immigration Service secures conviction of West African national for using forged document
9 minutes -
Sodzi Sodzi-Tettey: One year of working for John Mahama
14 minutes -
Middle East crisis remains major risk despite strong domestic economy – BoG governor
20 minutes -
Peace Council calls for calm amid rising political tensions
24 minutes -
Arrest to prosecute not persecute – Haruna Mohammed tells NDC government
24 minutes -
Bawumia urges NPP MPs to position party as “government-in-waiting” ahead of 2028 elections
25 minutes -
‘He sold his cow to repay debt’ – How headmistress forced ex-staff to return wrongly paid salary
30 minutes -
Non-performing loans expected to decline further as new banking guidelines take effect –Dr. Asiama
32 minutes -
Court documents filed by Joana Quaye challenge RNAQ’s ‘sole founder’ claim over Quick Credit
33 minutes -
John Boadu declares bid for NPP National Chairmanship after meeting Minority Caucus
44 minutes -
Ghana Immigration Service trains 40 officers ahead of E-Visa rollout
1 hour -
MPC maintains policy rate at 14.0% after 130th meeting
1 hour