Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Limited has donated over GHC200,000 in medicines and food items to inmates of the Ankaful Maximum Security Prisons at Cape Coast in the Central Region.
The donation by Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Limited was to show love towards the inmates and also stock the prison’s health clinic with quality medicines from their outfit. This is to curb the incidence of ailments among inmates.
The presentation to the Ankaful Prisons forms part of the core mandate of Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Limited, which aims at giving back to society and also supporting the less-privileged in the country.
The items include; bags of rice and a variety of Tobinco Pharmaceuticals medicines among other items.
The Deputy Managing Director – Marketing, of Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Limited, Dr. Christopher Mensah, was accompanied by the Deputy Managing Director – Operations, Madam Lydia Owusu.
Dr. Christopher Mensah said the idea was to show Christ’s love to the prisoners, especially in February, which is known as the month of love, to give the prisoners hope and to help the weak and needy in society.
He added that the donation was a brainchild of the Executive Director of Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Limited, Mercy Araba Sika Tobbin, in support of the inmates in the area of health.
Supt. Vincent Ziniel, the Central Regional PRO for Ghana Prisons, praised Tobinco Pharmaceuticals Limited for their generous contribution and urged other corporate organizations to join in to assist the government’s efforts to provide for the prisoners.
He added that each of the over 1,000 inmates only depends on government’s daily livelihood support of one cedi eighty pesewas (GHC1.80 ) which is not enough, so there is a need for corporate institutions and individuals to support them.
Ankaful Maximum Security Prisons is the latest and largest prison established in Ghana.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents