Twelve persons have been arrested over their alleged involvement in a violent protest at Chereponi District of the North East Region.
An intelligence-led operation, Tuesday dawn, September 21, 2021, led to the arrest of the accused persons for destroying some private properties and assaulting some individuals at Chereponi two days ago.
Some angry NPP supporters went on a rampage and vandalised party’s properties in protest of President Akufo-Addo’s nominee, Zuweira Mada Nasheru as District Chief Executive for Chereponi.
Earlier, Minister of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development, Dan Botwe described their action as unruly and directed the Police to apprehend all individuals involved.
The operation led by the Regional commander, DCOP Moses Ali Kpenchi also arrested a 16-year-old for his involvement in the disturbances in the area.
In a statement dated September, 21, the Acting Director-General of Public Affairs of the Ghana Police Service, ACP Kwasi Ofori indicated the security service, “shall arrest and prosecute anyone who breaks the law in protest of the publication of Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) list.”
The statement also commended the North East Regional Commander and his officers for their commitment and professionalism in dealing with the issues.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢1.34bn this week
- We’ll fish out our MPs who approved Akufo-Addo’s ministers – Joseph Yamin
- Cedi starts week on strong note; $1 now ¢12.25
- Women must be given more leadership roles – Kamala Harris
- Comprehensive gender policy needed to fight gender-based violence – EGDC boss
- Study in the Philippines
- ‘Dream with ambition, lead with conviction’ – Kamala Harris urges African youth
- German Municipal Assembly delegation pays visit to Ketu South municipality to discuss climate change partnership
- NCA’s Director for Finance Ebenezer Nartey wins Public Sector Finance Leader award
- Naming ceremony has been bastardized due to Urbanization – Ga Mashie Development Agency boss