The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, has revealed that only 4 out of the 16 regions are currently battling with Covid-19 active cases.
The four are; Upper East, Bono, Ashanti and Greater Accra regions.
“The majority of the cases are in the Greater Accra Region,” he said.
This implies that the regions with no active cases are Northern, Western, Volta, Eastern, Upper West, Central, Savannah, North East, Bono East, Oti, Ahafo and Western North.
According to Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, statistics show that Ghana is recording relatively low Covid-19 cases.
Speaking to the press on Tuesday, he said: “The average daily cases are less than 20. We have a weekly average of less than five. The numbers are quite low. Currently, 12 regions do not have any active cases.”
He added: “We don’t have anybody who is on admission, severe or critical, anywhere in Ghana so far. There has been a significant decline in the number of cases reported at the airport.”
Dr. Kuma-Aboagye indicated that as of April 23, Ghana’s confirmed Covid-19 cases stand at 161,172.
A total of 1,445 death cases have been recorded, he said.
The GHS Director-General, however, stated that 159,679 people who fell prey to the virus have recovered and have been discharged from the various health facilities.
With regard to vaccination, he revealed that 14million Covid-19 vaccine doses have been administered so far.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu
National Cathedral construction should not be under Monuments Board – Martin Kpebu