148 Togolese nationals are being held at the Saboba offices of the Ghana Immigration Service for illegally entering into the country.
The immigrants were in transit to the Volta Region through Saboba in the Northern Region when their vehicle was intercepted.
JoyNews gathers that the passengers were screened and results suggest that some are Tologese nationals.
Some of these persons, during interactions with Joy News, said the Immigration officers told them they were being detained because they had contracted Covid-19.
They added that it was explained that there is a ban on immigrating to Ghana but maintain that they were not informed upon arrival at the border.
They also say their voter ID cards have been taken and that they are being asked to go back to Togo.
Some allege they were made to pay monies ranging from GH¢2 to GH¢10 before entering the area.
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
May 9 stadium disaster: Persons With Disabilities join in 20th anniversary celebration
#FixTheCountry: Injunction obtained by police was in order – Attorney General
Asantehene marks 71st birthday with May 9 remembrance
Some of the taxes imposed on citizens are a nuisance – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Doubts over venue for Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City as Turkey added to red list
Covid-19: GHS Director of Health Promotion advises against #FixTheCountry demonstration