Government is satisfied with the work done so far in its declaration of ‘Year of Roads’ which it says has been backed by real work on the ground.
Construction of roads according to Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia are ‘springing up across the country’ and will even gain momentum in the coming days.
Government with the help of the Sinohydro deal on Friday afternoon cut sod for the construction of a 26.6 km Tema-Nungua beach road with a promise to complete it once work commences.
When completed, the road which will cost $100,000,000 will not only change the landscape of the capital but will also reduce traffic congestion when travelling from Accra to Tema.
Addressing the chiefs and people of the Ga state at Nungua before cutting the sod, Dr Bawumia said the 10 km La-Teshie stretch of road will as part of the first phase be widened into a dual carriage road.
The second phase, a 10.6-km stretch Nungua-Tema bound road will also be dualized.
Dr Bawumia also used the occasion to announce to the Ghanaian people that more road projects will commence soon.
At the program which was heavily patronised by NPP faithfuls, the vice president touted as unprecedented, the number of interchanges the administration is undertaking across the country including the four tier Pokuase interchange which is about seventy percent complete.
That particular interchange according to the vice president will be completed before the end of 2020.
Even before the commencement of work, Roads and Highways Minister, Kwesi Amoako Atta is warning hawkers to stay off the walkways that will be constructed as part of the project.
He promised to swiftly pay compensation to people who may be evicted to make room for the construction.
King Professor Nii Odai Welentsi III however charged the administration to ensure that work is completed and not abandoned halfway as has been the case in some areas.
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too