Sadio Mané is set to be crowned Men’s African Player of the Year 2022 tonight in Morocco, Joy Sports understands.
The Bayern Munich forward is expected to beat former club teammate, Mohamed Salah and national colleague, Edouard Mendy to the award after an impressive year which saw him impress for both club and country.
Mané led Senegal to win their first-ever Africa Cup of Nations title in February when the competition was held in Cameroon, beating Egypt in the final.
He also guided the Teranga Lions as they secured a World Cup spot ahead of Salah’s Egypt a month later.
Mané scored 23 times and provided five assists for Liverpool during the 2021/22 season and won the FA Cup before joining Bayern at the end of the season.
More to follow…
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- Road Minister sorry for ‘worst’ roads in region
- NPP sets Legal Directorate; appoints Gary Nimako as director
- Economic activity moderate as construction, port activities slowdown – BoG
- ‘Black Sherif’s album will do better than Shatta Wale and Sarkodie’s album’ – Bullgod
- WHO alert over India-made cough syrups after deaths in The Gambia
- GNAT laments delay in release of SSNIT, Tier 2 pension contributions
- Martin Amidu: IMF as a smokescreen to ram austerity budget down the throats of Ghanaians￼
- Improved forest education is needed to protect natural resources – Report
- BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%; loans to become more expensive