Ghana head coach, Otto Addo, says Ghanaians will see a passionate Black Stars team against South Korea on Monday in their second 2022 World Cup Group H game.
Ghana lost their opening game against Portugal on Thursday amid controversial refereeing decisions and will look to bounce back against the Asian giants to resurrect their World Cup campaign.
Many Ghanaians were satisfied with the performance of the team despite the defeat at Stadium 974.
Ahead of the clash with South Korea at Education City Stadium, Otto Addo is promising the Black Stars will play their hearts out, again.
“We will see a passionate team against South Korea. We will see the same passion they showed in the last game [against Portugal],” Addo said the pre-match press conference.
“Everybody is hungry to play and training well, making it difficult for me to make decisions.”
The Borussia Dortmund assistant coach also disclosed the Ghana Football Association has not received an update from FIFA regarding their petition against the performance of the referee in the game against Portugal.
He adds that his criticism of referee Ismail Elfath was because he was angry immediately after the game when he described the penalty as ‘a special gift’.
“Up to this point we haven’t gotten any answer from FIFA and maybe I can use this stage now to apologize.
“It was a little bit rude, but I was very emotional after the match. Hopefully, I won’t get a fine.”
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Disregard allegations that Haruna Iddrisu sold out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair