Three bodies in Thursday’s gory accident at the outskirts of Sawla have been identified by their families.
This leaves 5 more waiting to be claimed at the Wa Hospital Mortuary.
This follows an incident where a Wa-Kumasi bound Sprinter Benz bus with registration number AS 3022-15 somersaulted and crashed into a nearby bush on the Sawla-Tuna-Kaiba District of the Savannah Region.
According to JoyNews sources at the District Police Command, the 23-seater Sprinter Benz Bus was from Wa in the Upper West Region heading towards Kumasi in the Ashanti Region, but upon reaching the outskirts of the district, another vehicle, a Sanyoung Mimi bus overtook the Sprinter.
A chop box on the Sanyoung Mimi bus reportedly fell off and into the Sprinter’s lane.
The Sprinter then ran over the chop box, bursting one of its front tyres. This forced the vehicle off the road into the bush resulting in some deaths and casualties.
JoyNews Correspondent Isaac Nongya reports that families of three of the casualties have retrieved the bodies at the morgue in anticipation following news of the development.
One of them, has also been identified as a female footballer who is said to be the bread winner of her Family.
Meanwhile, 22 others are also in critical condition and are receiving treatment.
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Rotaract Club of Ho supports Akrofu Xeviofe pupils with educational materials
- Members of pro-Alan group accuse Bawumia of campaigning contrary to National Council directive
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth