Three branch Executive of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) have been arrested by the police after they were caught with registration forms meant for the ongoing voters’ registration exercise.
Luv News reports that the three were attempting to register applicants on the sidelines of the registration exercise at the Mamponghene registration centre at Akwatialine, a suburb of Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.
Municipal Security Director, Alidu Seidu said the three are in police custody pending investigations and further processing for court.
He admonished the youth to desist from being used by the politicians.
Meanwhile, the NDC’s Communications Director for Asawase, Yakubu Tony Aidoo who confirmed the three suspects are branch executives of the party, however, said the party has no hand in the incident and knows nothing about how the three came by the forms.
“I was informed about the arrest yesterday [Tuesday]…whoever sees a document of such nature among any of our agents should get them arrested.
“We [NDC] are on a clean sheet as far as this matter is concerned,” he added.
He alleged, however, that their opponents, the governing NPP masterminded the act.
- Task force destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Farmers in Upper East unhappy about increase in prices of government subsidised fertilizers
Executive recruitment for position of EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SSCIS and partners to offer fully-funded masters programme to girls in Ghana and Nigeria
Government’s initiatives to fight Covid-19 even better than those of advanced economies – Bawumia
Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
Victoria Awusi Hlovor
Rapper J. Cole makes his debut in African basketball league
Dr Opuni, others file motion for stay of proceedings
Business Executive held over spousal murder halts wife burial
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Sometimes the girl who is always there for everyone else needs someone there for her
I don’t write songs for people anymore – King Promise
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers